What drives some of our youth to robbing and killing?
March 7, 2013
I will attempt to shed light on this very question. Many times we see our youth constantly paraded on the front pages of our newspapers and televisions. Recently, a young man committed a crime in south Jackson where he allegedly assaulted and killed an 84-year-old woman. He was black and she was white. The young black male was once a neighbor who had befriended the elderly woman. After she was killed, he then stole her car and was seen riding around in it. What a brazen and stupid act. Lifestyles and choices help to define us.
Continue reading at: http://voices.clarionledger.com/charlesgraham/2013/03/08/what-drives-som...
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - Journalism/Participatory Media or Ethnic/Community Media @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine