The Quest to Diversify the Media Industry, Part 1
December 11, 2013
Maynard Institute President Dori J. Maynard interviews media professionals on the successes and challenges in diversifying the media landscape. Part 1 of series.
- Michael Bolden, Knight Foundation, Editorial Director
- Paul Cheung, AAJA, President
- Kelly Virella, UrbanThinker.com, Founder
- Mira Lowe, CNN Digital, Special Features Editor
- Alicia Stewart, CNN In America, Editor
- Rosental Alvez, UT Austin, Journalism Professor
- Zita Arocha, UT El Paso, Senior Lecturer
- Eric Newton, Knight Foundation, Senior Adviser to the President
- Irving Washington, Online News Association, Director of Operations
- Robert Hernandez, USC Annenberg, Journalism Professor
- Steve Buttry, Digital First Media, Digital Transformation Editor
- Dorothy Bland, UNT Mayborn School of Journalism, Dean
- Benét Wilson, Freelance Journalist & Blogger
- Dr. Syb, Journalist & Media Expert
Dori Maynard in Memoriam:
Dori J. Maynard: A Legacy of Fierce Love (March 3, 2015)
By Sally Lehrman
Dori's memorial service, Chapel of the Chimes:
Link to view the entire service at Chapel of the Chimes (1:00:56): http://youtu.be/2oL1IkAnCEU
Link to view highlights from the service (05:24): http://youtu.be/tqoAxZ-ZoN4Please direct your inquiries to:
Evelyn Hsu, Acting Executive Director
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.