VIDEO: Raid on Occupy Oakland – One Year Later
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Protesters, spectators, passers-by, and police gathered at Oakland’s city hall plaza on October 25, 2012, marking the one-year anniversary of the day the police tore down Occupy Oakland’s tent camp encampment at the plaza. West Oakland resident Janay Smith, 20, talks about the anniversary event and the relevance, and the irrelevance, of the Occupy movement.
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - Journalism/Participatory Media or Ethnic/Community Media @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine