Media Academy Grad Doris Truong Receives Spirit of Diversity Award
May 21, 2014
Doris Truong received Wayne State University’s 2014 Spirit of Diversity Award. The award, bestowed April 11 by the school’s Institute for Media Diversity, honors a journalist whose professional contributions have advanced the cause of diversifying voices in America’s news media environment. Truong is the first person to be recognized for work on behalf of Asian Americans. She is a homepage editor at The Washington Post, co-chair of The Post’s Diversity Committee and vice president of UNITY: Journalists for Diversity. She is a graduate of the Maynard Media Academy and past national president of the Asian American Journalists Association.
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - Journalism/Participatory Media or Ethnic/Community Media @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine