Maynard Institute President Dori Maynard Elected to ASNE Board
June 26, 2013
The ASNE Board of Directors added 9 new members and elected a new executive committee at the organization's annual convention in Washington, D.C. David Boardman of the Seattle Times took the reins as ASNE president on the final day of the convention.
The remaining members elected to the organization's executive committee:
- Vice President Chris Peck, The Riverton (Wyo.) Ranger
- Secretary Pam Fine, Knight Chair for News, Leadership and Community at The University of Kansas, Lawrence
- Treasurer Mizell Stewart III, The E.W. Scripps Co., Cincinnati
Directors elected for three-year terms:
- Anders Gyllenhaal, McClatchy Washington Bureau
- Karen Magnuson, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- Michael Oreskes, The Associated Press, New York
- Lucy Dalglish, Philip Merril College of Journalism, University of Maryland
- Melanie A. Sill, Southern California Public Radio
Directors elected for two-year terms:
- Jim Brady, Digital First Media
- Dori Maynard, Maynard Institute
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.