Maynard grad starts media company
January 4, 2012
Sundra Hominik, Multimedia Editing Program 2011 alum, recently started In Your Shoes Media, that produces print and digital content for community newspapers.
Hominik told program director Evelyn Hsu: "This is building on what I started before I came to MMEP and as a result of what I learned at MMEP...My first project is a series called Virginia Tapestry: Reflecting Our Rich Diversity. The idea for this project is to help the newspapers provide more stories about people of color. It's my way of making sure good stories in all communities get told."
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- US-Russia Journalism Teachers Exchange @ The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine