WBBM-TV, CBS 2
Posted on:May 23, 2013
Level: Union Non-Exempt (AFTRA)
Date: May 2013
Purpose of position:
Gather information about news stories and deliver information on-air during newscasts.
- Ability to comfortably, confidently & conversationally communicate with viewers
- Must be able to guide viewers smoothly through breaking news situations
- Enterprise content that is compliant with news strategies
- Must be familiar with and able to participate in social media
- Ability to accurately and creatively field report daily news and breaking news
- Report live and on-tape — scripted and unscripted
- Work closely with producer to create compelling content
- Write copy and order graphics
- Participate in editorial meetings, contribute actionable enterprise content
- Ensure that all daily show production deadlines are met
- Maintain an unequivocal commitment to accuracy, fairness and ethics
- Prepare copy for use on-line and on radio
- Other duties, as assigned
- Results-Oriented and Innovative
- Ability to write and edito broadcast copy that is compliant with news strategies
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Appear comfortable on camera; receive feedback and adjust performance accordingly
- Experience with non-linear shooting and editing, a plus
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- Five years' experience as a general assignment reporter, preferably in a top 20 market
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field
- Familiarity with Chicago area, strongly preferred
Contact name: Jeff Kiernan
Supv Title: News Director
Suv Name: Jeff Kiernan
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.