WBBM CBS 2 | Chicago
Digital Account Executive
Posted on:November 16, 2012
Title: Digital Account Executive
Level: Entry, Full-time (Exempt)
Date: November 2012
The Digital Account Executive will report to the Digital Sales Manager and be responsible for prospecting, developing, closing and maintaining advertising accounts on www.cbs2chicago.com and other sites across the CBS Local Digital platform.
- Sell both static and video advertising on www.cbs2chicago.com.
- Grow online ad sales revenue and exceed revenue goals by prospecting for new clients.
- Prioritize and organize sales calls based on maximum potential return.
- Create and sell unique sales promotions, including contests ans pecial advertising programs, focusing on relevant local events and content sections within the local site.
- Create and develop compelling sales presentations.
- Analyze competitive (local) online media marketplace.
- Educate sales staff about all online sales opportunities; Develop sales proposals for local sales staff.
- Review local stations RFP's and make strategic recommendations to maximize online revenue.
- Ability to enter online orders and coordinate ad sales campaigns.
- Monitor and maintain existing campaigns.
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports.
- Maximize CPM's.
- Manage agency/client relationships.
- Work with local sales staffs on the most effective ways to use their local website to develop opportunistic revenue-generating programs and always include an online component with all TV deals.
Work closely with CBS Television Stations Digital Media Group in New York on:
- Sales reports
- Ad reports
- Sales opportunitites
- Backend technology
- Internet adverising savvy
- Results focused
- Self starter
- Team oriented
Education and Experience requirements:
- College Degree
- Minimum 1-3 years of online advertising sales. Other media sales experience (TV sales in particular), is a plus.
- BS/BA degree required.
- Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50), outstanding computer skills.
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2 and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Digital Sales Manager
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.