WBBM CBS 2 | Chicago
Posted on:November 16, 2012
Title: Web Producer
Date: November 2012
Write stories and edit multimedia content for cbschicago.com by working closely with the newsroom producers, managers and reporters at CBS 2, WBBM Newsradio and 670 The Score.
- Work with the producers to create content for the web, based on the on-air stories, audio and video.
- Develop online news components that complement the stories and features aired on CBS Chicago stations.
- Develop original content that drives web traffic.
- Push content to social media accounts and engage audience.
- Manage story placement on website as needed.
- Work on tight deadlines during breaking news situations.
- Ability to work as part of a team is critical.
- Experience working with newsroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position will include weekend hours, morning hours and other shifts as needed.
- Print-style writing
- News judgement
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum two years of journalism experience at website, newspaper, television or radio station
- Knowledge of Wordpress a plus
- Social media experience a plus
Erik White/John Dodge
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2 and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Dori's memorial service, Chapel of the Chimes:
Link to view the entire service at Chapel of the Chimes (1:00:56): http://youtu.be/2oL1IkAnCEU
Link to view highlights from the service (05:24): http://youtu.be/tqoAxZ-ZoN4Please direct your inquiries to:
Evelyn Hsu, Acting Executive Director
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.