WBBM CBS 2 | Chicago
Posted on:November 16, 2012
Title: Web Producer
Date: November 2012
Write stories and edit multimedia content for cbschicago.com by working closely with the newsroom producers, managers and reporters at CBS 2, WBBM Newsradio and 670 The Score.
- Work with the producers to create content for the web, based on the on-air stories, audio and video.
- Develop online news components that complement the stories and features aired on CBS Chicago stations.
- Develop original content that drives web traffic.
- Push content to social media accounts and engage audience.
- Manage story placement on website as needed.
- Work on tight deadlines during breaking news situations.
- Ability to work as part of a team is critical.
- Experience working with newsroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position will include weekend hours, morning hours and other shifts as needed.
- Print-style writing
- News judgement
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum two years of journalism experience at website, newspaper, television or radio station
- Knowledge of Wordpress a plus
- Social media experience a plus
Erik White/John Dodge
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2 and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Work We <3 | FDP
Find us on Facebook
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine