WBBM CBS 2 | Chicago
Posted on:November 16, 2012
Title: Web Producer
Date: November 2012
Write stories and edit multimedia content for cbschicago.com by working closely with the newsroom producers, managers and reporters at CBS 2, WBBM Newsradio and 670 The Score.
- Work with the producers to create content for the web, based on the on-air stories, audio and video.
- Develop online news components that complement the stories and features aired on CBS Chicago stations.
- Develop original content that drives web traffic.
- Push content to social media accounts and engage audience.
- Manage story placement on website as needed.
- Work on tight deadlines during breaking news situations.
- Ability to work as part of a team is critical.
- Experience working with newsroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position will include weekend hours, morning hours and other shifts as needed.
- Print-style writing
- News judgement
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum two years of journalism experience at website, newspaper, television or radio station
- Knowledge of Wordpress a plus
- Social media experience a plus
Erik White/John Dodge
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2 and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,