Coordinator, Social Media (Seasonal)
Posted on:October 3, 2013
October 30, 2013
Posted Date: 11-Sep-2013 (MST)
Closing Date: 30-Oct-2013 (MST)
Department: External Relations
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pay Rate: $550/week
Pay Type: Salary
Benefits: This position is not eligible for benefits
Employment Type: Seasonal
Dates of employment: December 2, 2013 - January 31, 2014 (20-40 hours/week)
Considerations: This position may be required to work extended hours and weekends leading up to and during the Sundance Film Festival. This position will be required to be housed in Park City, UT during the Film Festival.
Position Summary: The Social Media Coordinator will work in the LA office prior to and on the ground at the Festival assisting the Social Media Manager by scheduling, publishing and curating social media content, assisting guest social contributors and completing administrative tasks as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create Twitter and Facebook lists around Festival program, attending filmmakers, press and alumni. Monitor in real-time for pre-Festival promotion and experiential coverage during the event.
• Pre-schedule approved social media content around sponsor activations, marketing initiatives and ticketed events
• Draft social media copy for internal and external requests made during the Festival
• Maintain quality control over content submitted by staff, artists, third party providers and sponsors to be repurposed across official accounts
• Work with photo department to obtain assets to be shared across social platforms
• Work with marketing team to draft copy around daily video and editorial content created during the Festival
• Attend assigned events to capture photo, video and to live tweet
• Monitor responses, social chatter and engagement around Festival in real-time, reply as part of CRM, adjust content posting strategies accordingly
• Work as point of contact for and schedule all content on behalf of Guest Tweeters
• Assist in creation of comprehensive social media report post-Festival
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 years experience creating and publishing content for social media platforms: copy, photography, and video
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with community management, all relevant social media platforms and tools
• Familiarity navigating and creating reports with data pulled from Twitter Analytics and Facebook Insights
• Some experience with Facebook Ads platform
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong grasp of social platforms and optimizing all for engagement: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and Google+
• Previous experience with social media for live events
• Photoshop and photo editorial experience
• Strong organizational skills and a sharp attention to detail
• Familiarity with iPhone and iPad
• Must be self directed, multi-task oriented and possess the abilities to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- US-Russia Journalism Teachers Exchange @ The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine