Posted on:June 25, 2013
Gannett Company is a media and marketing solutions company with a diverse portfolio of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing companies that provides consumers easy access to the things that matter most to them – any way and anywhere. We are a leading international news and information company with 23 broadcast stations, 85 daily newspapers, including The Times Media Network.
The Times Media Network located in Shreveport, Louisiana, is seeking a Digital Strategist that creates digital business solutions for key local accounts in the Shreveport-Bossier market as well as providing the channels and avenues to implement, support and retain these clients. Maintaining relationships with current clients, providing metrics and reporting on their programs and identifying new incremental revenue opportunities to appropriately address business needs. The Digital Strategist will need to have a high level of understanding of both the web, mobile and digital advertising space and the ability to manage staff, both internal and external, while developing business strategies.
Requirements for this position include:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to clients
- Expert conceptual/strategic ability, writing and oral communications skills
- Clear understanding of effective online and offline communications
- 3-5 years of programming and database experience is a must
- Understanding of the mobile environment and technologies
- Vendor and consultant relationship management
- Understanding of how web and mobile systems communicate
- Excellent organizational skills
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.