CBS 2, WBBM-TV | Chicago, IL
TV Digital Sales Manager
Posted on:March 8, 2013
Purpose of position:
The TV Digital Sales Manager will report to the VP, Director of Sales at WBBM-TV and will be responsible for working closely with the WBBM-TV sales team to prospect, develop, close, and maintain advertising accounts on CBSChicago.com and CBS Local Digital properties. The Digital Sales Manager will also work closely with the CBS Radio Chicago ditial team to achieve and exceed digital budgets for Chicago.
- Coordinate online efforts of the Chicago CBS local television sales staff including:
- Educate and train WBBM-TV sales staff about all online sales opportunities.
- Develop compelling sales proposals and presentations for local sales staff around CBS Local digital opportunities including CBSChicago.com, Radio.com, and secondary revenue initiatives.
- Review local stations RFP's and make strategic recommendations to maximize online revenue.
- Grow online ad sales revenue and exceed revenue goals by prospecting for new clients.
- Set sales agenda including, prioritizing and organizing sales calls based on maximum potential return.
- Create and sell unique sales promotions, including contests and special advertising programs, focusing on relevant local events and content sections within the local site.
- Maximize revenue by effectively and efficiently managing advertising inventory & pricing.
- Ability to coordinate online ad sales campaigns with local trafficking team.
- Prepare and review local market sales reports and periodic forecasts.
- Review all online orders and coordinate all ad sales campaigns with National Sales.
- Monitor and evaluate the local station's online inventory and current pricing.
- Submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual inventory and sales reports.
- Coordinate with National Sales on availability and pricing of local sponsorship opportunities.
- Maximize CPM's.
- Analyze competitive (local) online media marketplace.
- Manage agency/client relationships.
- Coach local sales staffs on the most effective ways to use their local website to develop opportunistic revenue-generating programs and always include and online component with all TV deals.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager, Local Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, and Business Development Manager to develop solution based integrated media campaigns.
- Knowledge of the online media business and underlying technology and research.
- Excellent sales skills including the ability to create and build relationships. Demonstrated track record of success and established relationships.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills. Team oriented.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of online advertising sales. Traditional media sales experience (especially TV) is a plus.
- BS/BA degree required.
- Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50), outstanding computer skills.
- Proficient with DART, Photoshop, Solbright, Operative, comScore, Scarborough, and/or Google Analytics a plus.
Contact Name: Stephanie Keenan
Supv Title: VP, Director of Sales
Supv Name: Dennis DePaola
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,
Dori Maynard in Memoriam:
Dori J. Maynard: A Legacy of Fierce Love (March 3, 2015)
By Sally Lehrman
Dori's memorial service, Newseum:
Link to view to entire service at the Newseum (1:34:45): https://youtu.be/Xl5TJqEcKD4
Dori's memorial service, Chapel of the Chimes:
Link to view the entire service at Chapel of the Chimes (1:00:56): http://youtu.be/2oL1IkAnCEU
Link to view highlights from the service (05:24): http://youtu.be/tqoAxZ-ZoN4
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.