CBS 2, WBBM-TV | Chicago, IL
Posted on:November 29, 2012
Title: Technical Director
Level: Union IBEW/Non-Exempt
Date: November 2012
Purpose of position:
To provide technical support and direction utilizing Sony's ELC automation system for all live and recorded studio based broadcasts, rehearsals and offsite remote broadcasts for WBBM-TV.
- Responsible for providing technical direction to editorial and technical support teams.
- Ensure that all production elements are prepared on a consistent and timely basis and are ready at pre-determined deadlines.
- Collaborate effectively with the editorial staff and the technical crew.
- Act as liaison between engineering and production.
- Utilize Sony's ELC automation system to assist newscast director with production needs including: monitoring audio levels, maintaining graphic lists, coordinating video clips, framing and shading robotic cameras, assisting with coding needs, troubleshooting when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Strong production background.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Ability to thrive under deadline pressure.
- Attention to detail and time management.
- Meticulous organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to excel as a self-starter in a collaborative environment.
Education and experience:
- College degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of successful TD experience in a live television news environment.
- Extensive experience with Sony 8000 switcher.
- Knowledge and on-air experience of control room automation-Sony's ELC system preferred.
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Find us on Facebook
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine