CBS 2, WBBM-TV | Chicago, IL
Posted on:November 29, 2012
Title: Technical Director
Level: Union IBEW/Non-Exempt
Date: November 2012
Purpose of position:
To provide technical support and direction utilizing Sony's ELC automation system for all live and recorded studio based broadcasts, rehearsals and offsite remote broadcasts for WBBM-TV.
- Responsible for providing technical direction to editorial and technical support teams.
- Ensure that all production elements are prepared on a consistent and timely basis and are ready at pre-determined deadlines.
- Collaborate effectively with the editorial staff and the technical crew.
- Act as liaison between engineering and production.
- Utilize Sony's ELC automation system to assist newscast director with production needs including: monitoring audio levels, maintaining graphic lists, coordinating video clips, framing and shading robotic cameras, assisting with coding needs, troubleshooting when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Strong production background.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Ability to thrive under deadline pressure.
- Attention to detail and time management.
- Meticulous organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to excel as a self-starter in a collaborative environment.
Education and experience:
- College degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of successful TD experience in a live television news environment.
- Extensive experience with Sony 8000 switcher.
- Knowledge and on-air experience of control room automation-Sony's ELC system preferred.
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.