CBS 2 | WBBM-TV
Assignment Editor/Per Diem
Posted on:June 20, 2013
Title: Assignment Editor/Per Diem
Level: Non-Exempt, non-union
Purpose of position:
Overall responsibility for competitveness of news coverage.
- Work at direction of managing editor and producers to follow up on story tips and make beat checks.
- Manage and coordinate coverage of news through efficient use of resources.
- Ability to coordinate coverage and necessary assignments as part of the local news service (LNS).
- Research stories and arrange interviews.
- Answer questions from public on matters related to news programming.
- Generate and follow-up on story leads and ideas.
- Ability to write news stories for broadcast and website.
- Ability to proficiently use desk top editing and other computer systems.
- Participate in station social media strategies.
- Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Results-oriented, dependable, detail-oriented, courteous.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
- 1 to 3 years in broadcast newsroom, desireable.
Jeff Kiernan, News Director
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For info on Jobs with CBS."
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine