CBS 2 | WBBM-TV
Assignment Editor/Per Diem
Posted on:June 20, 2013
Title: Assignment Editor/Per Diem
Level: Non-Exempt, non-union
Purpose of position:
Overall responsibility for competitveness of news coverage.
- Work at direction of managing editor and producers to follow up on story tips and make beat checks.
- Manage and coordinate coverage of news through efficient use of resources.
- Ability to coordinate coverage and necessary assignments as part of the local news service (LNS).
- Research stories and arrange interviews.
- Answer questions from public on matters related to news programming.
- Generate and follow-up on story leads and ideas.
- Ability to write news stories for broadcast and website.
- Ability to proficiently use desk top editing and other computer systems.
- Participate in station social media strategies.
- Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Results-oriented, dependable, detail-oriented, courteous.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
- 1 to 3 years in broadcast newsroom, desireable.
Jeff Kiernan, News Director
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For info on Jobs with CBS."
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,