CBS 2 | WBBM-TV
Assignment Editor/Per Diem
Posted on:June 20, 2013
Title: Assignment Editor/Per Diem
Level: Non-Exempt, non-union
Purpose of position:
Overall responsibility for competitveness of news coverage.
- Work at direction of managing editor and producers to follow up on story tips and make beat checks.
- Manage and coordinate coverage of news through efficient use of resources.
- Ability to coordinate coverage and necessary assignments as part of the local news service (LNS).
- Research stories and arrange interviews.
- Answer questions from public on matters related to news programming.
- Generate and follow-up on story leads and ideas.
- Ability to write news stories for broadcast and website.
- Ability to proficiently use desk top editing and other computer systems.
- Participate in station social media strategies.
- Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Results-oriented, dependable, detail-oriented, courteous.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
- 1 to 3 years in broadcast newsroom, desireable.
Jeff Kiernan, News Director
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For info on Jobs with CBS."
Find us on Facebook
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine