CBS 2 | WBBM-TV
Per Diem Desk Assistant
Posted on:June 20, 2013
Title: Per Diem Desk Assistant
Level: Union Non-Exempt
Purpose of position:
To assist assignment editor, reporters and producers in daily news coverage.
- Work at direction of assignement editor to follow up on story tips and make beat checks.
- Answer questions from public on matters related to news programming.
- Conduct interviews, as needed.
- Organize printed scripts for production staff and talent.
- Run assignment desk, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
- Prior internship in broadcast newsroom, desirable.
Beth Fruehling, Managing Editor
Shift: Includes overnights, weekends, nights.
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2 and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.