CBS 2 | WBBM-TV
Per Diem Desk Assistant
Posted on:June 20, 2013
Title: Per Diem Desk Assistant
Level: Union Non-Exempt
Purpose of position:
To assist assignment editor, reporters and producers in daily news coverage.
- Work at direction of assignement editor to follow up on story tips and make beat checks.
- Answer questions from public on matters related to news programming.
- Conduct interviews, as needed.
- Organize printed scripts for production staff and talent.
- Run assignment desk, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
- Prior internship in broadcast newsroom, desirable.
Beth Fruehling, Managing Editor
Shift: Includes overnights, weekends, nights.
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2 and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Dori J. Maynard's Passing. Announcements:
Dori's Memorial in Oakland:
Monday, March 2 at 11 a.m. at
Chapel of the Chimes
4499 Piedmont Avenue
Oakland, CA 94611
Dear friends and family, we will be livestreaming the memorial service for Dori tomorrow from Chapel of the Chimes in Oakland at 11am PST at the following channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dori-j-maynard-memorial
Plans for a memorial service in
Washington DC are pending.
Evelyn Hsu, MIJE Program Director
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine