CBS 2 | WBBM-TV
Manager, Technical Operations
Posted on:June 20, 2013
Title: Manager, Technical Operations
Date: June 2013
Purpose of position:
Manage all technical aspects of the WBBM-TV operations and engineering department reporting to the Director of Operations and Engineering.
- Responsible to the Director of Operations and Engineering for the technical performance of the television station. This includes all federal, local and corporate regulations and policies and the documentation of same.
- Manage the technical maintenance employees and provide technical support to the station both on preventative and emergency issues.
- Manage the technical design and implementation of all new technology.
- In tandem with the Director of Operations and Engineering, manage the department budget for capital and labor.
- Manage the WBBM-TV transmitter operations and remote ENG sites.
- Work with scheduling to provide proper technical support across all WBBM-TV newscasts.
- Complete knowledge of on-air automation software and hardware.
- Complete knowledge of signal acquisition equipment and theory.
- Proven track record in project management.
- Experience in control room and live production preferred.
- Able to multi-task, make quick, clean decisions.
- Able to excel as a self-starter in a collaborative environment.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Computer Technology (or)
- 3-5 years of technical/trade school in electronics, computers, and systems.
- Basic bench level technician repair and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of transmitter & transmission operations.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a top 25 market environment.
- Working knowledge of contemporary desktop based television production.
Contact name: Tom Schnecke
Contact fax: 847-849-7801
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2 and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Dori's memorial service, Chapel of the Chimes:
Link to view the entire service at Chapel of the Chimes (1:00:56): http://youtu.be/2oL1IkAnCEU
Link to view highlights from the service (05:24): http://youtu.be/tqoAxZ-ZoN4Please direct your inquiries to:
Evelyn Hsu, Acting Executive Director
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.