CBS 2 | WBBM-TV
Manager, Technical Operations
Posted on:June 20, 2013
Title: Manager, Technical Operations
Date: June 2013
Purpose of position:
Manage all technical aspects of the WBBM-TV operations and engineering department reporting to the Director of Operations and Engineering.
- Responsible to the Director of Operations and Engineering for the technical performance of the television station. This includes all federal, local and corporate regulations and policies and the documentation of same.
- Manage the technical maintenance employees and provide technical support to the station both on preventative and emergency issues.
- Manage the technical design and implementation of all new technology.
- In tandem with the Director of Operations and Engineering, manage the department budget for capital and labor.
- Manage the WBBM-TV transmitter operations and remote ENG sites.
- Work with scheduling to provide proper technical support across all WBBM-TV newscasts.
- Complete knowledge of on-air automation software and hardware.
- Complete knowledge of signal acquisition equipment and theory.
- Proven track record in project management.
- Experience in control room and live production preferred.
- Able to multi-task, make quick, clean decisions.
- Able to excel as a self-starter in a collaborative environment.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Computer Technology (or)
- 3-5 years of technical/trade school in electronics, computers, and systems.
- Basic bench level technician repair and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of transmitter & transmission operations.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a top 25 market environment.
- Working knowledge of contemporary desktop based television production.
Contact name: Tom Schnecke
Contact fax: 847-849-7801
To upload a cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2 and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Work We <3 | FDP
Find us on Facebook
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine