CBS 2 Chicago, WBBM-TV
Posted on:November 5, 2013
Level: Non-Union Exempt
Date: October 2013
CBS 2 seeks a strong producer with line producing experience and leadership skills. The ideal candidate must thrive on breaking news, while maintaining high journalistic standards. Candidate will produce daily media content supporting the overall operation of CBS 2 Chicago. This includes incorporating air content, streaming content and national content into one cohesive presentation.
• Must have solid news judgement & eye for important news coverage.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to organize and integrate different media content.
• Must insure daily show production deadlines are met.
• Must be knowledgeable in social media and networking.
• Proficient writing and desk top editing skills required.
• Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Ability to interact with on-air and editorial staff daily.
• Ability to easily handle basic writing and video editing.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
Candidate must have Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field, and have line producing and/or writing experience in top market. Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable.
Contact: Karen Rariden
Shifts: TBD/As Needed
Supv Title: News Director
Supv Name: Jeff Kiernan
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,