CBS 2 Chicago, WBBM-TV
Posted on:November 5, 2013
Level: Non-Union Exempt
Date: October 2013
CBS 2 seeks a strong producer with line producing experience and leadership skills. The ideal candidate must thrive on breaking news, while maintaining high journalistic standards. Candidate will produce daily media content supporting the overall operation of CBS 2 Chicago. This includes incorporating air content, streaming content and national content into one cohesive presentation.
• Must have solid news judgement & eye for important news coverage.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to organize and integrate different media content.
• Must insure daily show production deadlines are met.
• Must be knowledgeable in social media and networking.
• Proficient writing and desk top editing skills required.
• Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Ability to interact with on-air and editorial staff daily.
• Ability to easily handle basic writing and video editing.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
Candidate must have Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field, and have line producing and/or writing experience in top market. Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable.
Contact: Karen Rariden
Shifts: TBD/As Needed
Supv Title: News Director
Supv Name: Jeff Kiernan
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- US-Russia Journalism Teachers Exchange @ The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine