CBS 2 Chicago, WBBM-TV
Per Diem Director
Posted on:November 5, 2013
Title: Per Diem Director
Level: Union DGA/Non-Exempt
Date: October 2013
Purpose of position:
Direct and execute the production of live newscasts as well as live and taped productions utilizing Sony's ELC automation system for WBBM-TV.
• Candidate must consistently collaborate with show producers and technicians to execute technically clean broadcasts.
• Director will provide leadership in the planning and execution of all productions.
• Supervise production to foster positive work environment.
• Analyze and evaluate situations in order to avoid potential problems.
• Ensure that all production deadlines are consistently met.
• Ability to bring a fresh, creative focus to all facets of the production process.
• Coordinate a variety of technical, editorial, and design elements to enhance broadcasts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Strong production background.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to thrive under deadline pressure and breaking news situations.
• Attention to detail and time management.
• Meticulous organizational and multitasking skills.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
• College degree or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of successful directing experience in a top 20 market.
• Knowledge and experience with Sony's ELC automation system.
Contact name: John Vitello
Supv Title: Manager, Broadcast Operations
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,