CBS 2 Chicago, WBBM-TV
Per Diem Director
Posted on:November 5, 2013
Title: Per Diem Director
Level: Union DGA/Non-Exempt
Date: October 2013
Purpose of position:
Direct and execute the production of live newscasts as well as live and taped productions utilizing Sony's ELC automation system for WBBM-TV.
• Candidate must consistently collaborate with show producers and technicians to execute technically clean broadcasts.
• Director will provide leadership in the planning and execution of all productions.
• Supervise production to foster positive work environment.
• Analyze and evaluate situations in order to avoid potential problems.
• Ensure that all production deadlines are consistently met.
• Ability to bring a fresh, creative focus to all facets of the production process.
• Coordinate a variety of technical, editorial, and design elements to enhance broadcasts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Strong production background.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to thrive under deadline pressure and breaking news situations.
• Attention to detail and time management.
• Meticulous organizational and multitasking skills.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
• College degree or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of successful directing experience in a top 20 market.
• Knowledge and experience with Sony's ELC automation system.
Contact name: John Vitello
Supv Title: Manager, Broadcast Operations
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Work We <3 | FDP
Find us on Facebook
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine