CBS 2 Chicago, WBBM-TV
Posted on:November 5, 2013
Title: Sales Assistant
Level: Full Time - Non-Exempt
Dept: Local Sales
Date: October 2013
Purpose of Position:
Assist the sales department personnel with servicing of accounts and administrative functions.
• Assist account executives in preparation of sales orders and monitoring accounts.
• Detailed inputting of various sales orders into IBS system, Sales Desktop, EPORT, and DARE.
• Compiling makegood, sales reports and entering AE approvals
• Answer phones and take detailed messages for the sales staff and managers.
• Assist in preparation of sales presentations.
• Daily contact with Traffic and Accounting department. Work directly with advertising agencies' buyers on makegoods as well as billing discrepancies.
• Double checking all sales orders and contracts. Compile competitive information when requested.
• Office responsibilities including, but not to: filing, mail pick-up and distribution, fax machine, copier machine, printer toner, and paper maintenance.
• Assist the New Business Sales Team research new clients and follow-up with client prospects.
• Maintain client data base and account list.
• Pick-up and deliver packages for the department to the Mail Room and Shipping & Receiving area.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Strong math orientation, accuracy, proficiency with MS Office applications. Detailed-Oriented, Initiative, Planning, Organizational Awareness, Time Management, Judgement, and must demonstrated Leadership.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
• Minimum two years work experience in related field. College preferred.
Contact name: Michelle Gutierrez
Shift: M-F/9-6P / 830-530P (as needed)
Supv Title: Sales Support Manager
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Dori Maynard in Memoriam:
Dori J. Maynard: A Legacy of Fierce Love (March 3, 2015)
By Sally Lehrman
Dori's memorial service, Chapel of the Chimes:
Link to view the entire service at Chapel of the Chimes (1:00:56): http://youtu.be/2oL1IkAnCEU
Link to view highlights from the service (05:24): http://youtu.be/tqoAxZ-ZoN4Please direct your inquiries to:
Evelyn Hsu, Acting Executive Director
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.