CBS 2 Chicago, WBBM-TV
Posted on:November 5, 2013
Title: Sales Assistant
Level: Full Time - Non-Exempt
Dept: Local Sales
Date: October 2013
Purpose of Position:
Assist the sales department personnel with servicing of accounts and administrative functions.
• Assist account executives in preparation of sales orders and monitoring accounts.
• Detailed inputting of various sales orders into IBS system, Sales Desktop, EPORT, and DARE.
• Compiling makegood, sales reports and entering AE approvals
• Answer phones and take detailed messages for the sales staff and managers.
• Assist in preparation of sales presentations.
• Daily contact with Traffic and Accounting department. Work directly with advertising agencies' buyers on makegoods as well as billing discrepancies.
• Double checking all sales orders and contracts. Compile competitive information when requested.
• Office responsibilities including, but not to: filing, mail pick-up and distribution, fax machine, copier machine, printer toner, and paper maintenance.
• Assist the New Business Sales Team research new clients and follow-up with client prospects.
• Maintain client data base and account list.
• Pick-up and deliver packages for the department to the Mail Room and Shipping & Receiving area.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Strong math orientation, accuracy, proficiency with MS Office applications. Detailed-Oriented, Initiative, Planning, Organizational Awareness, Time Management, Judgement, and must demonstrated Leadership.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
• Minimum two years work experience in related field. College preferred.
Contact name: Michelle Gutierrez
Shift: M-F/9-6P / 830-530P (as needed)
Supv Title: Sales Support Manager
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Dori J. Maynard's Passing. Announcements:
Dori's Memorial in Oakland:
Monday, March 2 at 11 a.m. at
Chapel of the Chimes
4499 Piedmont Avenue
Oakland, CA 94611
Dear friends and family, we will be livestreaming the memorial service for Dori tomorrow from Chapel of the Chimes in Oakland at 11am PST at the following channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dori-j-maynard-memorial
Plans for a memorial service in
Washington DC are pending.
Evelyn Hsu, MIJE Program Director
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine