CBS 2 Chicago, WBBM-TV
Posted on:November 5, 2013
Title: Sales Assistant
Level: Full Time - Non-Exempt
Dept: Local Sales
Date: October 2013
Purpose of Position:
Assist the sales department personnel with servicing of accounts and administrative functions.
• Assist account executives in preparation of sales orders and monitoring accounts.
• Detailed inputting of various sales orders into IBS system, Sales Desktop, EPORT, and DARE.
• Compiling makegood, sales reports and entering AE approvals
• Answer phones and take detailed messages for the sales staff and managers.
• Assist in preparation of sales presentations.
• Daily contact with Traffic and Accounting department. Work directly with advertising agencies' buyers on makegoods as well as billing discrepancies.
• Double checking all sales orders and contracts. Compile competitive information when requested.
• Office responsibilities including, but not to: filing, mail pick-up and distribution, fax machine, copier machine, printer toner, and paper maintenance.
• Assist the New Business Sales Team research new clients and follow-up with client prospects.
• Maintain client data base and account list.
• Pick-up and deliver packages for the department to the Mail Room and Shipping & Receiving area.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Strong math orientation, accuracy, proficiency with MS Office applications. Detailed-Oriented, Initiative, Planning, Organizational Awareness, Time Management, Judgement, and must demonstrated Leadership.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
• Minimum two years work experience in related field. College preferred.
Contact name: Michelle Gutierrez
Shift: M-F/9-6P / 830-530P (as needed)
Supv Title: Sales Support Manager
To upload cover letter and resume, go to http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/ and click on "For Info on Jobs with CBS."
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us carry out Dori's vision of fair, accurate and equitable media for all segments of society.
"No graduate school of journalism, no graduate school of business, no program anywhere, contributed to the news industry what the Maynard programs did." - Donald E. Graham
Donald E. Graham, Chairman Graham Holdings Co.,