Andreas C. Dracopoulos Family iDeas Lab
iDeas Lab Intern
Posted on:May 22, 2014
Position Title: iDeas Lab Intern
Program/Dept. Andreas C. Dracopoulos Family iDeas Lab
Position Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Beverly Kirk, Director of iDeas Lab
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Revision Date: May 20, 2014
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The iDeas Lab is the multimedia production center within CSIS. The iLab staff collaborates with CSIS programs to produce multimedia presentations with data visualization, interactive websites, and videos. The iLab interns have the opportunity to work on professional projects and gain real-world experience. A strong work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude are required to join this high-energy and creative team.
- Shoot still photographs for all CSIS events and audio recordings.
- Operates video cameras for all CSIS webcasted events and recorded studio interviews.
- Edits video interviews and audio podcasts.
- Assists with event set-up and prepares live webcast by uploading lower-third chyrons, setting up cameras, and testing audio.
- Creates multimedia content pages for CSIS.org and populates video services (YouTube, Vimeo, UStream) with new content.
- Writes brief summaries of video interviews, podcasts, and events for CSIS website.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program in multimedia journalism/production, photography, animation and special effects, electronic visual arts, web design/development or visual communications.
- Basic knowledge of video/photo editing tools in Adobe Creative Suite required. (Creative Cloud or CS6 acceptable.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide strong customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects & priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with employees in dealing with confidential issues.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested applicants, please apply at https://www5.apply2jobs.com/CSIS
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine