Jackson’s mayoral election crowded with candidates seeking the job
May 19, 2013
What do you look for in the next mayor of Jackson? What should be his or her priorities?
As Jackson’s mayoral election is only about a week away, I ask myself this question and then try to give an intelligent answer. There are 13 candidates; four are women. A crowded field of candidates tells me that something is terribly wrong at city hall. As one of my colleagues said, “there are a lot of candidates who think they can do a better job.”
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- US-Russia Journalism Teachers Exchange @ The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine