Saturday, October 8, 2011
Cindy Rodríguez is a freelance journalist based in New York City. For most of her career, she worked at daily newspapers. She covered race relations and cultural affairs for the Detroit News, was a columnist and blogger at The Denver Post, covered immigration and demographics for The Boston Globe and wrote opinion pieces for the Globe's now-defunct "Focus" section. She also worked at the Akron Beacon Journal, where she primarily covered education issues and was a columnist and youth editor at The Syracuse Newspapers.
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - Journalism/Participatory Media or Ethnic/Community Media @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine