Friday, December 21, 2012
Renata Black is the Chairwoman of Seven Bar Foundation, a social enterprise which fuels microfinance institutions in order to combat poverty and empower women in developing countries. The foundation also hosts top couture and luxury lingerie shows such as 2009 Lingerie Miami with Eva Longoria and Deepak Chopra and Lingerie New York 2010 with Sofia Vergara in order to raise money and awareness by providing a different spin on philanthropy. Black is also currently the vice chair of the CSR Network of YPO, a member of 85 Broads and a member of Advertising Women of New York.
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- US-Russia Journalism Teachers Exchange @ The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine