Thursday, December 20, 2012
By the age of 16, Priya Haji was already helping her father set up a free health clinic in her Texas hometown. Since then, she has co-founded multiple companies and organizations, including World of Good, the branded marketplace for fair trade and sustainable goods made by women around the world. In 2009, she was selected as a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader, a distinguished organization consisting of under-forty-year-old leaders from around the world. Currently, Priya is encouraging Americans to save up and pay down their debts through her newest company, SaveUp.com, which helps provide nationwide reward incentives to inspire Americans to take control of their finances.
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- US-Russia Journalism Teachers Exchange @ The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine