Saturday, December 8, 2012
Mariama Levy is founder and CEO of Verdi Consulting, based in McLean, VA. Mariama Levy never imagined herself as an entrepreneur, but in 2002, she founded Verdi Consulting. The company, which moves up the list from No. 409 last year, provides auditing, federal accounting, and systems support to large companies. Surprised at her own success, Levy keeps her "small but nimble" company growing through unrelenting hard work. "As a small business owner, you are always working," says Levy. "Nothing is impossible, you just have to get it done."
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- US-Russia Journalism Teachers Exchange @ The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine