Monday, February 27, 2012
Emil Wilbekin is currently the Editor-in-Chief of “GIANT” magazine. At “GIANT,” he oversees the bi-monthly publication, synchronizes the magazine with the website (www.giantmag.com), and develops the overall growth of the GIANT brand.
Wilbekin is best known for his 12-year tenure at “Vibe” magazine, where he served as Editor-in-Chief from 1999 to 2004. Under Wilbekin’s leadership, “Vibe” won the National Magazine Award for General Excellence in 2002. In 2004, Wilbekin became Editorial Director/Vice President of Brand Development for Vibe Ventures where he was an executive producer for the 1st Annual “Vibe Awards,” oversaw ancillary brand extensions such as digital, books, and TV.
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- US-Russia Journalism Teachers Exchange @ The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine