NABJ 2013 Media Institute on Energy
Event Date(s):Thursday, February 21, 2013 (All day) - Friday, February 22, 2013 (All day)
NABJ Media Institute on Energy
February 21 - 22, 2013
Westin Houston Memorial City
Houston, TX 77024
- Are you a working journalist ready to explore issues affecting your community?
- Are you a non-working journalist looking for a new opportunity?
- Are you a media professional interested in finding out how your field connects with an increasingly important business?
If so, the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) invites you to join us in Houston, TX, February 21-22, 2013, for our Media Institute on Energy. Energy officials and journalists from across the country will gather at this inaugural conference to share knowledge ranging from the impact of energy practices on various communities to the growth in alternative energy.
Did you know that business reporters who cover energy acquire specialized expertise that leads to higher salaries?
Join us in Houston for empowering sessions to help you learn more about oil, gas, wind, solar and other alternative fuels and craft a career as a media professional in the energy sector. Our program will include a tour of facilities in Houston’s Energy Corridor. Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your career options!
Pre-registration Deadline: Thursday, February 14, 2013
Pre-registration Member: $59
Pre-registration Nonmember: $99
(Total includes a $3.00 administrative fee)
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- US-Russia Journalism Teachers Exchange @ The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine