2013 NABJ Media Institute on Health Reporting
Event Date(s):Saturday, November 2, 2013 (All day)
2013 NABJ Media Institute on Health Reporting:
Covering Underserved Communities in the Bay Area.
When: November 2, 2013
Where: San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue; Room HUM308
San Francisco, California
The goal of this free one day workshop is to give print, broadcast and online journalists the tools they need to more effectively report on health stories affecting underserved communities in the Bay Area. Journalists and media professionals will leave with resources to inform and empower readers, listeners and viewers on how to take action to improve their lives through better health.
[Follow the link below to view a PDF of the full program of the days events.]
Work We <3 | FDP
Instead of spending all our time calling out journalism that doesn't work, we want to find work we like. We'd like to encourage our readers to submit links to content that is moving or challenging and that goes beyond the standard narrative either at the level of form or content. In other words, we want to see journalism that works.
We're particularly interested in work at the nexus of the following categories:
- Please include a comment explaining why the content you're sharing works.
- Comments can be as short or long as desired.
Find us on Facebook
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Broadcast @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - JOURNALISM / Digital media entrepreneurship or digital public @ California State University, Northridge
- Assistant Professor - Journalism/Participatory Media or Ethnic/Community Media @ California State University, Northridge
Dori Maynard tweets on Diversity, Media & More
@JamilSmith The distorted #media depiction of African American men & boys has real life consequences, again. #mediadiversity #Tremaine